Hi Bill,,

On 4/25/19 12:51 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
Hi,

     I have just replaced console-kit with elogind and while its fixed my
X server problems, its brought some downsides as well.  Primarily, I
used to use acpi to hibernate but elogind has coopted the power button
so acpid doesnt get the signal, and added a suspend to lid closure but
then I cant run scripts to recover the touch screen etc.
(MSsurfacePro4).  I could deal with that except the docs for
systemd-logind (the elogind docs refer there) say they have removed the
possibility run arbitrary scripts from logind (and so I assume also
elogind).

So how can I recover the hardware to a working state using elogind?
Worst case would seem to be disable elogind hibernate/suspend in its
config file and handle it old school but is there a better way using
elogind?

Bill K.

While I don't have an answer, I suggest to discuss with upstream at https://github.com/elogind/elogind/issues or https://forums.prydeworx.com/. Sven is extremely knowledgeable and responsive (and also happens to be a fellow Gentoo-er).

Kind regards,

Michael