> Gesendet: Montag, 29. April 2019 um 10:47 Uhr
> Von: "Peter Humphrey" <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
> An: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
> Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors (summary, leading to more
> questions)
>
> On Sunday, 28 April 2019 21:37:19 BST n952...@web.de wrote:
>
> >   - Peter Humphrey suggests:
> >     -  http ftp proxy
> >
> >         In what way is that different from rsync which I thought I'd already
> > configured?
>
> I assume that means you're using rsync to synchronise the portage database.

Yes, as instructed here:

    https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_Mirror#Setting_up_the_mirror

> Then, whatever you use to fetch distfiles for installation, it uses ftp or
> http transport to fetch them. ...

This page discusses local distfile servers:

   https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_distfiles_cache

using either of  two approaches:
- apt-cacher-ng
- nginx

Do they relate to the ftp and http you mention?

I already have apache and don't want to install any more packages - it would
seem that if nginx can serve the files, apache should be able to, too.
I'm trying to configure it.

This page: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_distfiles_cache#Setting_up_clients

says I should put this line into /etc/portage/make.conf:

    http_proxy="http://distfilescache:3142

Is that the URL it'll send?  So, all I'd have to do is have a virtual host
responding to that port with a copy of /etc/portage/distfiles at its root?

TIA,

Tom