Adam Carter wrote:

>         But I understand what classes was.  If CIDR replaced the word
>         classes, I would have had to google or ask what the heck that
>         is.  lol
>

>     CIDR moved Internet routing away from fixed 8, 16 and 24 bit
>     netmasks. The <netid>/<netmask bits> representation is CIDR.
>

> The C in CIDR is for Classless :)

And I just googled to find out what the rest stands for.  I get classes
because I understand what classes means, in a lot of contexts.  Until a
moment ago, I had no idea what CIDR was or stood for.  By tomorrow, I
likely would have to google it again.  o_O  Then again, give me a hour
or so.  O_O

Dale

:-)  :-)