On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 15:22:45 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 11:20:20 BST Mick wrote:
> > I just looked at another installation.  The default sddm configuration
> > file (/usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf) shows this:
> >
> > [General]
> > # Halt command
> > HaltCommand=/usr/bin/loginctl poweroff
> >
> > In an OpenRC system there is no loginctl.  Consequently, unless we define
> > separate config in /etc/ to use shutdown (with sudo?) it won't work.  This
> > systemd-ism may be worth a bug report.
>
> Here, it shows 'HaltCommand=/sbin/shutdown -h -P now'.

Where 'here' is ... where?  :-)

Your own /etc/sddm/ configuration file, or the default installed under /usr/
share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ?

The sddm package no longer installs a config file in etc.  The user may do so
if desired/required and modify it accordingly.  However, the sample file
offered by sddm has the above mentioned incongruity in it, which means the
shutdown and reboot commands issued by its interface invariably do not work in
openrc and it seems the same applies to systemd.

I'll check a couple more of my installations here to see if they differ.
--
Regards,

Mick