On 05/07/2019 15:37, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I'm transferring my install from a spinning disk to an SSD and
> decided to tidy up/customise/stuff up things as I go. I've recently
> taken a lot of photo's whilst travelling and I have the Coords in the
> EXIF data. What I would like is to be able to easily view this data.
> There is a thingy called "ReImage"[1] which allows for a right click
> within Dolphin and you can select an option to display the EXIF data in
> a dialogue box.
>
>     I had to manually install this as I could find nothing on "Dolphin
> Service Menus" within Portage, or the Gentoo wiki or basically on line
> at all, so is there a Gentoo way of dealing with these in the first place?

Not really. You can submit a bug or PR though as some of these do make
into the tree sometimes.

$ eix --homepage store.kde.org

>     Secondly, I then came across "kfilemetadata" in Portage. Without
> installing this as well, does this give the same thing? If so, how do
> you use this thing? Acutally, as I'm writing this, I'm still reserching
> and api.kde.org[2] says it's a library, so what apps use it?

Not the same thing.

kfilemetadata is solely a library and should be pulled in by other
packages that need it.

You have to enable USE="semantic-desktop" to make Dolphin and others
pull it in and use it.