Hello all,

I'm struggling to get emacs to incorporate imagemagick to allow for
rudimental image viewing and manipulation functionality. I have both
media-gfx/imagemagick-7.0.8-50 and app-editors/emacs-26.2 installed.
With imagemagick installed prior to an emacs rebuild the compiler output
says something to the effect of 'Imagemagick detected... no' despite the
`imagemagick` USE flag being enabled. Similarly, when I run
eval-expression in emacs for (image-type-available-p 'imagemagick), a
value of nil is returned meaning that emacs is still unaware of
imagemagick.
I think I can probably add imagemagick to the environment path but I am
unsure which directory to add. Most of the binaries live in /usr/bin
which is already on the PATH by default. Would appreciate any
suggestions the mailing list could offer.

All the best,
James