On Tue, 2019-09-24 at 10:13 -0600, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I'm trying to mount Windows 10 directory on Gentoo
>
> mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,password=xxx //10.0.0.146/customer
> /home/joseph/ttt/
> mount error(112): Host is down
>
> I can ping 10.0.0.146 OK
> customer -dir  on Windows 10 has sharing enabled.

Note that in Windows 10 sharing is always enabled and it just blocks or
unblocks it on the firewall.  Furthermore the status indicator is
pretty rubbish at determining if it's actually working correctly.

For testing, try disabling the Windows Firewall temporarily and see if
that makes it work.  If it does you might have to turn sharing off and
on again, or you might have to sift through the firewall rules and
correct the mistake yourself.

Possibly also the system thinks it's attached to a public network and
has the firewall set to block sharing services even though it says it's
turned on.

Regardless, the error you're getting means that something is blocking
the communication once it leaves the client machine.

LMP