Hi.  After a long time, I got my system into a state where I could
finally try to do emerge depclean.  What a mess!  It would have
deleted source for my running kernel, version of postgresql I am using
and many other things I am currently using.    Some of them, at least
are in my world file. Some things are not and should be and I can fix
those, but there are a lot of libraries as well and I want to make
sure my system is not completely hosed before I run this again -- next
time after an update.

So, how can I protect myself against depclean going wild?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una