Within the past week or two, I've noticed that on one of my machines
when syslog-ng is starting at boot, it pauses for about 10s with a
message something like "checking config file".  I'm using the default
installed config file, and it has a single non-coment line in it:

   SYSLOG_NG_OPTS=""

I use the exact same configuration on all my machines, but only on
this one does syslog-ng spend 10s "checking" it.  Unfortunately, it's
the one machine (a laptop) that gets booted frequently.

Why would syslog-ng need 10 seconds to check a virtually empty config
file?

--
Grant