Hi all,
I have the situation where I work that it is a total M$ setup. Our workstations use DHCP to grab IP addresses from the Win2003 server. For various reasons I want to place a Gentoo box on the network. For some reason when I try to bring up the network interface on the Gentoo box, which has a dhcp client, the dhcp client times out and I can't obviously get an IP address.

Does anyone know of any gotcha's or traps for young players when trying to get IP addresses from a Win2003 server from the Linux world?

        Any thoughts grealy appreciated,
                Andrew