hi - is it possible to have some kind of fancy links that
know the name of the process that is trying to access
it, and based on its name, it links it to a file?

e.g. `ln -s X Y` will create link Y that always refers to
X whenever anyone tries to access Y.  but is it possible
to have a fancier linking that creates a linking file that
contains some kind of access list, that specifies things
like:

- if accessing process is named P1, then direct it to X1.
- if accessing process is named P2, then direct it to X2.
- ...
- if accessing process is named Pn, then direct it to Xn.
- else, default to X0.

i think if we have this, we can solve slotting in a simpler
way.  e.g. we install libs in their own non-conflicting
locations, and then install for them such fancy sym links
with access that routes accessing processes to the right
version of the lib.

thoughts?

rgrds,
cm.