On 22.11.19 23:41, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
On 11/22/19 4:10 PM, Dan Johansson wrote:

The recommended way to install it is using pip which will then install
everything including dependencies (which could lead to conflicts with
software installed using emerge (I guess)).
I would rather use some "mechanism" to avoid this and use portage for
dependencies - like g-cpan for perl.

You'll have to write the ebuild yourself, there is no g-cpan equivalent
for python packages. The good news is that this program looks fairly
simple, and it already has a setup.py and a list of requirements in
requirements.txt.

You should be able to copy an existing python ebuild (there are
thousands) and modify it slightly to work. You can ask for help on IRC
if you get stuck. Welcome to Gentoo development =)

OK, thanks for the feedback.
I will look into creating a ebuild for this (not my first ebuild, but the first that has anything to do with python). But, I will first try to build it in a "protected" environment like Ralph suggested just to see if it works at all (would not be the first time some software does not work is I would like it to).

Regards,
--
Dan Johansson
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!