Am Sa., 30. Nov. 2019 um 11:34 Uhr schrieb Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>:

> On Saturday, 30 November 2019 07:17:01 GMT Franz Fellner wrote:
> > inkscape-0.92.4 has the same issue.
> > The problem is that the API (Programming interface, not Binary interface)
> > between imagemagick-6 and imagemagick-7 isn't compatible.
> > And inkscape never was updated to use the API from imagemagick-7.
>
> Yes, that's exactly the problem.
>
> media-gfx/inkscape-0.92.4 which is presently the stable version is quite
> happy
> with media-gfx/imagemagick-7.0.9.5.

Ah. It's 7.0.8.5, not 7.0.9.5:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/663468#c5
Some deprecated features of the API were removed. Unfortunately also the
pkgconfig file was renamed to Magick++ which made inkscape silently disable
imagemagick support and the compilation failure/incompatibility wasn't
noticed for a long time.

> However, the unstable version of inkscape-1.0_beta1 requires imagemagick
> versions prior to 7.0.9.5, with the currently available version of
> imagemagick-6.9.10.74 fulfilling the requirement.

imakemagick-7.0.8.5, again. Not that nobody will stay confused.

> > 1) entirely disable imagemagick for inkscape, e.g. with
> "media-gfx/inkscape
> > -imagemagick" in package.use
>
> If you do this, you'll find that conversions and imports/exports from one
> graphics file format to another would be somewhat limited.  Imagemagick
> relies
> on inkscape for this functionality.

The other way around, inkscape needs imagemagick for such conversions.

I don't know how limiting it will be. If all you want to do is create pure
vector graphics you are good to go.

> 2) Use inkscape-1.0.0_beta1 and enable both USE-Flags "imagemagick
> > graphicsmagick".
> >     That way you will get the imagemagick features through
> graphicsmagick,
> > which means imagemagick is not a dependency of inkscape anymore.
>
> Right, but graphicsmagick is more limited in its functionality than
> imagemagick.  For a poweruser of imagemagick this may present a problem -
> but
> I don't know how big a problem it might be.

You aren't forced to build graphicsmagick as a complete replacement for
imagemagick.
You only need the C++-API for inkscape and not the commandline tools.
Put "media-gfx/graphicsmagick cxx -imagemagick" in your package.use and
imagemagick and graphicsmagick can be installed at the same time.