On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:00 PM Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> wrote:

> Today's updating involves some package which causes rebuilding
> a package which needs Python2.7 and another one which needs
> python_single_target_python3_8
> required by that mysterious @__auto_slot_operator_replace_installed__
>
> To emerge the Python2.7 package (Scribus) I do need to set
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
> in /etc/portage/make.conf
> which makes the whole update fail since the other packages needs
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"
>
> So, what can I brave Gentoo user do?

Set PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET in package.env and not make.conf.  That is
definitely a setting that can't be set globally.

That said, the way python works on Gentoo certainly gets a lot of
people confused.  Also, just a heads-up that python 2.7 probably will
be leaving the main repository in the next few weeks unless somebody
steps up to maintain it.

--
Rich