On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:45 PM Thomas Schweikle <tschwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've tried now to upgrade in various ways:
> 1. the one given in https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/repo/sync/gentoo.git
>   But this fails as soon as I try to emerge git. python-exec is at version
> 2.4.6 now. Without any 2.0.1 packed, legal versions left. Same for all other
> dependencies. Not really a way to go …

Not sure what you mean by this.  Not really questioning it.  It is
just hard to provide responses to one-liners on technical issues.

What python-exec is at 2.4.6?  The one in the repo as of a few years
ago?  The one that is current (which will almost certainly not work)?

A quick check of the log for that repo says that 2.0.1 was removed in
Feb 2017, so as long as you check out a version from before then you
should be fine as far as that is concerned.  You might want to check
out an even older version though depending on how old your system is.
You still haven't mentioned that, and it matters.

I'm not sure if you read my post but I wasn't suggesting just syncing
that repo's current HEAD as if that was going to fix things.  You need
to check out an old commit from it.
6e534e02ec5a71c676dfbae1e9eb6041ef9316ab was the last commit before
2.0.1 was removed, for example - I don't think the tree that far back
has metadata so you might need to build that too.

> Since there isn't a stage3 and some portage tree matching, I'd ask: armv7 and
> others have gone unsupported?

Mentioning the arch in your first email probably wouldn't have hurt
either.  I'm not sure what the state of armv7 support is but somebody
else might be able to comment on that.

--
Rich