Philip Webb wrote:
> 191228 Dale wrote:
>> Philip Webb wrote:
>>> I've just updated to KDE Plasma 5.17.4 & can't start KDE
>>> because it can't find 'startkde', so I'm back with the elegance of Fluxbox.
>>> Can anyone tell me where 'startkde' is now to be found
>>> or what its replacement is ?
>> I think this might make sense to you :
>> "From the console to start Plasma with xinit/startx,
>> append 'exec startplasma-x11' to your  .xinitrc  file.
> Thanks ! -- I'm now back in the questionable glories of KDE !
>
> However, as someone else discovered, the L-click menu doesn't work now.
> I didn't follow that thread in detail : did anyone solve the problem ?
>
> I've also had another KDE desktop problem for a long time.
> The clock on the panel claims it's showing EST (N America),
> but in fact deducts another  5 hr , so 06:32 EST shows as 01:32 EST.
> Has anyone else seen this ?

Either delete and logout/login again or figure out what line is
offending KDE so much.  This is the file:

plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Which is located in /home/<your-user>/.config/ .  That is what fixed the
other persons problem.  Knowing what line does this would be nice.  You
lose pretty much all your settings it seems.

Dale

:-)  :-)