191228 Philip Webb wrote:
> When I updated, Portage (or whatever) kindly created a back-up '...~',
> so I have diff'ed the  2  versions as below :
>
>   2d1
>   < LeftButton;NoModifier=org.kde.applauncher
 -- snipped --

The '<' version is the new one, the '>' version is the old one,
so the launcher above is present in the new one.

I've tried setting it via the context menu (R-click on desktop
-> Configure Desktop -> Mouse Actions -> Add Action -> L-click there),
which creates a new line 'Left Button : Standard Menu',
which I then change to 'Application Launcher', then 'Apply' + 'OK'.
There's no change : L-click on desktop has no effect, then or after reboot.

File  ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc  shows :

  [ActionPlugins][0]
  LeftButton;NoModifier=org.kde.applauncher
  MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
  RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu
  wheel:Vertical;NoModifier=org.kde.switchdesktop

Middle-click in fact creates a sticky note containing clipboard contents
(ouch : I had to look in my notes to find out how to remove it,
ie by R-click on the R-hand side of the note, which gives a menu).

HTH others to find out what's going on.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca