On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 23:41:43 +0100, n952162 wrote:

> > I had a similar issue with the .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
> > continually appearing, deleting it made no difference. In the end I
> > deleted the whole portage tree and resynced, then the problem
> > disappeared. This may or may not have a bearing on your profile issue,
> > but it's worth fixing first.

> I just finished running "emerge --sync" again, based on something I saw
> on the internet - it did the whole thing again, takes about 2 hours.

Two hours? How slow is your connection?

> Same result.  But I didn't delete "the whole portage tree".  What does
> that mean?
>
> rm -rf /var/db/repos?

If you're using the new default location, I think it is
/var/db/repos/gentoo, but someone should confirm that.

> or:
>
> rm -rf /var/db/pkg?

No, that's the database of installed packages, don't mess with it.

> And why should it work?  Is it not rather something broken in the
> upstream repository?  Or the 20200108 minimum cd image I'm using? It's
> otherwise a naked machine.

No idea, but something went wrong on one sync and I was stuck with this
directory. Deleting it was no help, but deleting the whole tree fixed it.
It did slow down sync times, but not the the extent you have.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 00B: Inadequate disk space - Free at least 50MB