Hello Nicolai,

one Fedora everything works as expected. But Fedora has a slightly older
version of Thunderbird and GTK.

Which useflags has your Thunderbird set? Mine has the following useflags:

dbus gmp-autoupdate lightning startup-notification system-av1
system-harfbuzz system-icu system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx
system-sqlite system-webp

Best

Jens