el 2020-01-19 a las 16:49 Mick escribió:

> You could compare the dmesg output of working and non-working kernels
> and see what differences are present, then google for bugs/solutions on
> that basis.

[...]

> You could also diff the two different kernel tree versions and see what
> drivers have changed.

Hello, thanks for your suggestions.

I'm not a programmer and I know nothing about C or kernel development, but
I found that, beginning with 5.4.11, several changes were introduced in
drivers/usb/core/config.c, that seem to be consistent with the message
that appears now when I connect my card:

[  129.153850] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 1 has a
duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping
[  129.153854] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 2 has a
duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping

Where can I post this problem? I've been using Linux for 20 years, but
this is my first problem with the kernel. I found these forums:

https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/categories/drivers
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-kernel-70/

And of course the kernel mailing list, but seems to be for developers.

-