Am Samstag, 8. Februar 2020, 05:26:20 CET schrieb John Covici:
> Hi.  Well, I have run into a problem on the world update I am about to
> do?  Firefox requires libvpx-1.7.0  and handbrake wants 8.x.  Now
> there is a use flag systemlibvpx which is enabled, I am assuming if I
> disable that the great God of portage will let me continue with my
> update -- any reason why I should not do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi, indeed. If you disable USE="system-libvpx" (i.e. don't set it activly
or set USE="-system-libvpx" portage will tell firefox to use the bundled
version. Bundling software is generally spoken a really bad habit, and
within the firefox package you can see several USE="-system-something"
flags, that are just a try to unbundle things on user's choice.

Hope that helps a bit,
Nils

--
PGP fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
keybase.io/nfreydank