On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 15:03, Colleen Beamer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a problem with loading MySQL.  During the boot process
> when it comes to the loading of MySQL it hangs.  Is there a way to
> bypass the loading of MySQL so the computer will complete booting and I
> can make sure I've gotten everything that I want off of it before I wipe it?

Probably the easiest way would be to download the gentoo boot CD or the LiveCD
of another Linux distro, boot the computer w/ the LiveCD, mount the hard drive,
and see if there's anything you need that way.

Once you're booted from a LiveCD, you could also chroot into your Gentoo
install and prevent MySQL starting on boot with OpenRC/systemd if you wanted to
reboot from Gentoo and look at your files from Gentoo.

Alec