Hello,

So I want to interface about 8 hi-res video cameras to a gentoo system and use a couple of Hard Disk to record and eventually write over the stored video. Suggestions and ideas? 4 Tb enough storage?

Now here is the kicker. I'd also simultaneously like to use android app so at any time, I can receive the wireless transmissions and use the Galaxy Note cell phone (9, 10, 20?) as a portable monitor, whilst not interrupting the video being stored on the gentoo server.

Note, I eventually want to be running an optimized gentoo stack on a galaxy note S-20 ultra, when the prices drop. For now, I have a galaxy note 9 to do idea testing with. If I can get it stable, then a few cameras on the old pickup truck, same system except a mobile gentoo laptop.

All ideas and comments are most welcome.

James