On 2020.03.27 12:20, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
Hi,

still not 100% sure, whether I configured the kernel correctlu:

Running an AMD RYZEN 5 3600...

lscpu displays:
Architecture:                    x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):                  32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:                      Little Endian
Address sizes:                   43 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s):                          6
On-line CPU(s) list:             0-5
Thread(s) per core:              1 <<<<<<
Core(s) per socket:              6
Socket(s):                       1
Vendor ID:                       AuthenticAMD
CPU family:                      23
Model:                           113
Model name:                      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Stepping:                        0

The accoring part of lshw shows:

     *-cpu
          product: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
          vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
          physical id: 15
          bus info: cpu@0
          version: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
          serial: Unknown
          slot: AM4
          size: 3649MHz
          capacity: 4200MHz
          width: 64 bits
          clock: 100MHz
capabilities: x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext perfctr_llc mwaitx cpb cat_l3 cdp_l3 hw_pstate sme ssbd mba sev ibpb stibp vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 cqm rdt_a rdseed adx smap clflushopt clwb sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves cqm_llc cqm_occup_llc cqm_mbm_total cqm_mbm_local clzero irperf xsaveerptr rdpru wbnoinvd arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic v_vmsave_vmload vgif umip rdpid overflow_recov succor smca cpufreq
          configuration: cores=6 enabledcores=6 threads=12
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I set (beside other things) these kernel configurations:

Processor type and features  --->
  [*] Symmetric multi-processing support
  [*] AMD ACPI2Platform devices support
  [*] Supported processor vendors  --->
    [*]   Support AMD processors
  [*] SMT (Hyperthreading) scheduler support
  [*] Multi-core scheduler support
Preemption Model (Preemptible Kernel (Low-Latency Desktop)) --->
  [*] Machine Check / overheating reporting
  [*]   AMD MCE features
  Performance monitoring  --->
    <*> AMD Processor Power Reporting Mechanism
  [*]   AMD microcode loading support
Power management and ACPI options  --->
  CPU Frequency scaling  --->
    <*>   AMD Opteron/Athlon64 PowerNow!
    <*>   AMD frequency sensitivity feedback powersave bias
Device Drivers  --->
  [*] IOMMU Hardware Support  --->
    [*]   AMD IOMMU support
    <*>     AMD IOMMU Version 2 driver

htop shows six cores.

Does my CPU hyperthread?

Cheers
Meino
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and an MSI B350 Tomahawk, and I show 12 threads in htop. I'll look in my own BIOS next reboot, but dmidecode shows me:

Processor Information
        Socket Designation: AM4
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Zen
        Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
        ID: 82 0F 80 00 FF FB 8B 17
        Signature: Family 23, Model 8, Stepping 2
        Flags:
                FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                VME (Virtual mode extension)
                DE (Debugging extension)
                PSE (Page size extension)
                TSC (Time stamp counter)
                MSR (Model specific registers)
                PAE (Physical address extension)
                MCE (Machine check exception)
                CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                SEP (Fast system call)
                MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                PGE (Page global enable)
                MCA (Machine check architecture)
                CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                PAT (Page attribute table)
                PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                MMX (MMX technology supported)
                FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported)
                SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                HTT (Multi-threading)
        Version: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
        Voltage: 1.1 V
        External Clock: 100 MHz
        Max Speed: 3900 MHz
        Current Speed: 3400 MHz
        Upgrade: Socket AM4
        L1 Cache Handle: 0x0011
        L2 Cache Handle: 0x0012
        L3 Cache Handle: 0x0013
        Serial Number: Unknown
        Asset Tag: Unknown
        Part Number: Unknown
        Core Count: 6
        Core Enabled: 6
        Thread Count: 12
        Characteristics:
                64-bit capable
                Multi-Core
                Hardware Thread
                Execute Protection
                Enhanced Virtualization
                Power/Performance Control

which does suggest there might be a BIOS setting involved.

Jack