On 03/28 08:49, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:19:56 +0100, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
>
> > From what I read on the internet:
> > Everything bigger than 2TB needs to be GPT-formatted.
> > Is there anything better than gparted for that job?
> >
> > So I need to format the harddisc with a GPT.
> >
> > The SSD:
> >
> > 1.) From the pure technical point of view: Is it possible to
> >     format the SSD with a good ole MTB and boot the system
> >     from it and mount the hardisc (GPT) as usual?
> > 2.) Is this reasonable?
>
> Why would you want to use the archaic MS-DOS partition table with all its
> restrictions and fragility when you have the more flexible and robust GPT
> option.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Y'know how s'm people treat th'r body like a TEMPLE?
> Well, I treat mine like 'n AMUSEMENT PARK...  S'great...

Hi Neil,

...because I have experienced neither any restrictions nor any
fragilities in the last 12 years of using a MTB setup with that
"MS-DOS" setup (technically it is more a MTB-setup. MSDOS refers
to V/FAT, which needs to be used with UEFI in the first partition
as far as I know...isn't it?)

In short: Never chance a runnig system.

But let us better discuss on a more technical level, since I asked
for technical help and not for more rethorical given question as
an answer.

Cheers!
Meino