What application would people recommed to add some simple annotations
to image files?  For example, I'd like to add a few arrows, some text,
and maybe a box or oval or two.  I sometimes do stuff like that from
the command line using ImageMagick's "convert", but drawing arrows
with that is pretty painful.

I found x11-misc/shutter, which I think can do it, though I don't need
the screenshot capability.  However, shutter pulls in 50+ other
packages as dependencies (including a load of gnome stuff) that I
don't really want.

Are there any other options?  I could probably figure out how to do it
in LibreOffice draw, but that seems suboptimal.

--
Grant