On 4/5/20 1:41 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
On 2020-04-04 20:03, tu...@posteo.de wrote:

Wouldn't transferring the world file be enough?

Is it?
As far as I know, for having the same packages pulled in, this
is all that matters (plus possibly @world_sets as Neil mentions).

Of course you have all sorts of other configuration to replicate,
including portage's.  That's what git is for :-P.

I suspect those portage config files become even more important if you have any unstable (~) packages installed.  If a package has no stable versions in the tree, then I don't think it will get installed at all, without keywording it.  Even more true if you have a masked package installed.

Jack