"Michael Orlitzky" <m...@gentoo.org>, 07.04.2020, 20:34:

> Blaming lists.gentoo.org (or any other MTA) for not retrying after a 4xx
> without evidence is seeing hoof prints and thinking zebras. Ockham's
> razor: you fucked up.

I'm watching my exim logs right now and can confirm that the
gentoo mailing list server does cope well with greylisting,
i.e. it attempts delivery again after a few minutes.

Also, messages from me to others pass DKIM checks, unless
they are modified by what you suggested:

> DKIM fails on many mailing lists. This list, for example, modifies your
> subject to add "[gentoo user]" but leaves the DKIM signature intact. If
> the sender has a p=reject DMARC policy, that can make his messages
> "disappear" for recipients who check and enforce DMARC.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first one to ask, but given that
DMARC and DKIM seem to have become a thing, would it not be "better"
for delivery if the mailing list software removed the DKIM signature
if it modified a header that was signed?

s.