On 4/15/20 1:40 PM, Andreas Stiasny wrote:
On 15.04.20 17:50, Rich Freeman wrote:

Jumping from
3.18 you're somewhat more likely to run into issues - your biggest
headache though will be dealing with the 30,000 prompts you get from
make oldconfig and making sure you set all the new options correctly.

That's why I use make olddefconfig in such a case. This takes all the old config values and uses the default for the new ones. If you know that you need one or more of the new config options you can fine tune them afterwards with make menuconfig.

Andreas

Ah. never used olddefconfig, I'll give it a spin.