On 2020-04-15 07:29, tu...@posteo.de wrote:

> The configuration for kernel 5.6.3. (vanilla) works fine.for me.  Then
> I changed to kernel 5.6.4 using the same configuration.
>
> Suddenlu the fan at the back of my PC case never stops from rotating
> at its highest speed.  Changing back to kernel 5.6.3. and the problem
> is gone.

Something similar happened to me too with a recent kernel upgrade but in
the 5.4's.

The reason was that my kernel config changed to build the default CPU
powersave driver as a module, and apparently that is a poor idea, it
needs to be built in.  When I rebuilt the kernel with the driver built
in, the fan went back to normal.

In your case: are both scenarios on the same hardware, since as we all
know you're just switching?

--
Ian