On Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:51 PM, Caveman Al Toraboran
<toraboracave...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> if i press ctrl+shift+v, followed by enter, then
> not even the enter registers. if i press the
> enter again, alone, without the preceeding
> ctrl+shift+v, it works but tells me the obvious
> message "permission denied, please try again".
>
> but if i do the same thing (ctrl+shift+v) in
> urxvt, without having ssh's password prompt, then
> the password pastes normally, and the subsequent
> enter works normally (of course it shows "unknown
> command: <password here>").

just to add:  if i paste the password by the
middlemouse buffer (selection buffer?) it goes
through ssh's login prompt.  but the ctrl+shift+v
(clipboard buffer) doesn't.

both (selection and clipboard) pastes work in
urxvt when ssh's prompt is not there.

but it seems deeper than just the "login prompt".
i repeated the same fast enough to paste before
the "login prompt" appearing, and same effect:
paste did not work when ssh is running.

it seems a problem when ssh is running.

here is one hint:  when i paste with ctrl+shift+v,
ssh shows "^" before the password prompt appears.
of course, shows nothing when the password prompt
appears.