Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Dear everybody,
>
> I got my Gentoo system running compiled with openssl.
> I'd like to rebuild my entire system based on libreSSL.
>
> What best practices do you advise ?
>

> Thanks.
>

> best, Tamer

If all you're doing is changing a USE flag, emerge -Na world should do
it.  If you think it needed, emerge -DNa world.  The -D, deep, may catch
a few more packages but I've never tested it.  If you want to go to the
extreme, emerge -ea world will recompile everything, changed USE flag or
not.  It won't miss a thing.  The first one should work in most cases.
If you run into trouble, maybe add the -D.

The -N is this from man emerge:

--newuse, -N
Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE flags have changed
since compilation. This option also implies the --selective  option.
USE  flag  changes include:

A USE flag was added to a package.  A USE flag was removed from a
package.  A USE flag was turned on for a package.  A USE flag was turned
off for a package.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)