Hello, Gentoo.

Seeing that I've had my "new" box for three years, now, I'm thinking
it's about time to run fstrim.  But how?

I've got a pair of NVMe drives in a RAID 1 configuration.  On the main
partition, /dev/md126, I've got several LVM2 things.  In the volume
group(s?) I've got things like /dev/mapper/vg-home mounted on /home.
Most of my partitions are ext4.

When I try things like

    # fstrim --dry-run /home

, I get the response:

    /home: 0 B (dry run) trimmed

.  What does this mean, in particular the "0 B" bit?  Does it mean that
if I let it rip, it would trim 0 Bytes?

Will I do any damage if I let it go ahead (without the --dry-run)?  Will
this actually do any good?  Will fstrim work together with LVM volumes?

Thanks for any help!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).