Hi,

I have just bought a RX 5600 XT and after a few issues with screen
freezing after kernel starts loading, resolved by compiling EFIFB (no
previous FB compiled in) the card has been working fine for 2 days
booting normally. The machine then started not to boot, not even to get
to BIOS (so you couldn't even press DEL to get to BIOS screen). I took
the card out and replaced with old card and PC started fine. I tried
this 4 times and still with new card PC would not even POST. I don't
have a little speaker to here if there are any beeps.

I am returning the card as it feels like that is the problem but have a
nagging suspicion this could be some other problem like power supply. I
have 700W coolermaster PSU which should be ample (according to websites)
but is 9 years (amazingly they had the foresight to provide 8 and 6 pin
cables which were both plugged in).

My next issue is do I get another 5600 XT (different brand) or are
nvidia equivalent better? I have always been an AMD fan. Could I end up
in the same boat.

PC spec - ASUS 470 Pro MB with 2700 Ryzen.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

John