On 5/2/20 9:19 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
Afternoon all,

Is there a straightforward way of listing kernel modules that exist but
haven't been loaded? I'm sure I have quite a number that I don't need, and I'd
like to remove them from the kernel config.
How about just grepping for them under /lib/modules/version?  In my case it would be *.ko.xz.  Note that won't tell you about anything built in to the kernal you might want to remove.  Otherwise, it's just a slow slog through make xconfig or make menuconfig. I suppose you could also grep through the kernel's .config file (or /proc/sys/config.gz) for "=m".  In both cases, you probably still need to search to figure out where in the configuration that gets set.