On 10/26/05, John Jolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
in my experience samba works better for that sort of thing anyway.  If a server serving an nfs share goes down, all the computers with that share mounted will go nuts, spending 100% cpu trying to get the share back.  Samba seems to fail more gracefully under those conditions.

Weird thing is, the server hasn't come down. It was still up. However, I don't know why the client was reporting those messages. Perhaps it was failing intermitently, and OO has an issue with this and other apps don't, because the second after OO failed to open the file, I was able to open it in file-roller without a problem.
Isn't nfs supposed to be THE network filesystem for unix machines? Using samba between unix machines when there's no real need seems a bit controversial for me :)

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Developper | ICQ: 1406477