Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I STRONGLY beg to disagree!   The "~amd64" notation  is used to ACCEPT a
>> > package even though it is  (still) classified as UNSTABLE.
>>
>> This is package-manager terminology [...]
>
> No it's USER terminology.  It's what users are confronted with when they
> set-up their Portage configuration and when they deal with commands like
> "emerge",  "equery", and ilk.

So it is not package-manager terminology, but the terminology which
is used by users when they use the package-manager. I cannot see any
difference, but it doesn't matter. This discussion leads to nothing.

> Simply due to  USER EXPECTATION  the term "unstable" HAS to be
> the opposite of  "isstable"

Not in gentoo. There ARCH is called the stable keyword and ~ARCH
is called the unstable keyword.
Again, this discussion leads to nothing. I will stop it here.