On 07.05.20 16:30, Dan Johansson wrote:
On 07.05.20 13:59, Franz Fellner wrote:
On Thu May  7 10:04:37 2020, Dan Johansson <dan.johans...@dmj.nu> wrote:
Today when I tried to do my daily "emerge --update ... @world", portage
spitted out a lot of "Multiple package instances within a single package
slot have been pulled" messages.

So THIS would have been the issue you should have given us to solve.
Instead you borked your package.use by globally deactivating py2.7
and asked us to point you to that.

So please: Revert the python changes you did in your package.use,
rerun your update command and post the error you get with that.
Please post the whole output, including the exact command you used.
And also add "--tree --verbose" to the emerge options, this usually
requires less guessing.

Neil's suggestion made me add "PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7" to seven packages and now my box is happily compiling (will take some time as there are some "big" packages in there, i.e. firefox, chromium, ...).

As per your suggestion I will remove
*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: python3_6 python3_7
*/* PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_6
and my "PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7" when finished and retry my emerge.

If it fails I can certainly post the Output here.

A short update:
Following the suggestion in the news-item I added
 */* PYTHON_TARGETS: python3_6 python3_7
 */* PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_6
 and "PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7" for selected packages
to my use flags and run the update without issues.

After that "initial" update was done, I removed the added entries (including the "PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7" ones) and started a new emerge update. With exception of one package (net-misc/s3cmd) everything went as it should.

Thanks Niel for the hint about PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET for the "misbehaving" packages.

Regards,
--
Dan Johansson,
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!