On 5/12/20 1:57 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/12/20 10:54 AM, Joachim Gwoke wrote:
Been having trouble with mainly calibre 4.9.1-r2 and have since kept it
out of any emerges. Otherwise everything is alright with python 3.7 on
my side

I believe mine was soundconverter, but now I'm not so sure. It wanted
something other than 3.7, and the build had no target for it, and there
wasn't any unstable version in the tree I could unmask.

Why not just set in /etc/portage/package.use/pythonmigrate
media-sound/soundconverter PYTHON_TARGETS: python3_6 python3_7

Then it will build with python-3.6 which should work fine.

You don't HAVE to get rid of python-3.6 this instant, especially since
tons of stuff in the repository requires it still.

I'm aware, but I think I tried it in make.conf originally and that made portage really mad so I unmerged the offending package. I haven't bothered trying to remerge it as I don't need it right this instant. By the time I need it again hopefully this will have sorted itself out.

Dan