On Fri, May 15, 2020, at 13:51, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> I want to set 'jack' as a default USE flag - bu my system is a
> multicore/multithreaded on...so I need not jack aka
>
>     media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit
>
> but I think I need this one:
>
>     * media-sound/jack2
> multi-processor machine
>
> what USE flag pulls this one instead the first one?

Some packages depend on virtual/jack.
The virtual/jack ebuild depends on either media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit
or media-sound/jack2.
So if you prefer the latter, just install it and uninstall the former.
But please note that some other packages depend specifically on
media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit when the "jack" USE flag is enabled.
So perhaps you cannot avoid keeping both.

--
https://fturco.net/