On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:12 AM Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

> Afternoon all,
>
> I'm trying to follow the wiki[1] to set up gentoo-sources-5.4.38, but the
wiki
> seems to have been written for a different kernel version. Nothing
daunted, I
> set as many parameters as I could, rebooted and ran
/usr/share/docker/contrib/
> check-config.sh. I got 9 things missing, thus:
>
> $ /usr/share/docker/contrib/check-config.sh > /tmp/config-check
> $ grep missing /tmp/config-check
> - CONFIG_NF_NAT_IPV4: missing
> - CONFIG_NF_NAT_NEEDED: missing
> - CONFIG_IOSCHED_CFQ: missing
> - CONFIG_CFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED: missing
>       - CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT: missing
>     - CONFIG_AUFS_FS: missing
>     - /dev/zfs: missing
>     - zfs command: missing
>     - zpool command: missing
>
> I can't find any of those. Any clues for the uninitiated?
>
> 1.  https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Docker
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter.

Hi Peter,
   Welcome to the world of Docker.

   Do you have an image you know you want to run? If so just try running it
and see if you get any complaints. There's a very simple Hello World image
and there are basic Ubuntu console level images that don't require much of
anything to get going.

   The NF_NAT stuff is networking. IOSCHED should be under the CPU
configuration area I think.

   I have /dev/zfs on my Kubuntu machine but I don't have zfs or zpool and
haven't ever had a problem with those.

Good lluck,
Mark