I have a pdf file that has a check-mark symbol in it.  On one computer the
evince is display the "check-mark".  On my other computer the check mark is
displayed as a "square box"

Both computer run save ver. of evince.

pdffonts Km_Ysa.pdf (shows same output on both computers):

name                                 type              encoding         emb sub
uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- --- ---
--- ---------
ZOTMNE+Verdana,Bold                  TrueType          WinAnsi          yes yes
no      23  0
SEJYXC+Verdana                       TrueType          WinAnsi          yes yes
no      24  0
WUNKEP+Verdana,Italic                TrueType          WinAnsi          yes yes
no      25  0
Verdana,Bold                         TrueType          WinAnsi          yes no
no       2  0
Verdana                              TrueType          WinAnsi          yes no
no       4  0
ZapfDingbats                         Type 1            ZapfDingbats     no  no
no      60  0

It would seems I'm missing "ZapfDingbats" but both computers show same result
"pdffonts Km_Ysa.pdf"
so why one display check-mark symbol correctly and the other one is missing the
symbol, I only see a "square box"