On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM <the...@sys-concept.com> wrote:

> When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
>
> "Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing  init=
> option to kernel."
>
> I am running very low on disk space, I think.
> I've tried to boot strap the system and remove some files but boot strap
> is not working.  When I boot from minimal-install gentoo CD I try:
>
> swapon /dev/sda3
> swapon: /dev/sda3: read swap header failed: Input/output error

On my boxes with swap files, kernel 5.7.0 barfs;

# file /swapfile
/swapfile: Linux/i386 swap file (new style), version 1 (4K pages), size
2097151 pages, no label
# swapon -a
swapon: /swapfile: swapon failed: Invalid argument

I havent looked into it yet as they're rarely used at all. What kernel are
you using?