On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 15:57:07 -0500, Dale wrote:

> When you install your kernel, do you use make install or do you copy the
> kernel to /boot manually?  I do mine manually but also copy it manually
> as well.  That makes it hard for me to recall how to use the dracut
> command.  It requires a kernel version etc etc.

I use make install. If I trust the makefile to build the kernel and it's
module tree, and copy the modules to the correct location, why wouldn't I
trust it to copy a single file to /boot at the same time?

> If you do copy yours manually to /boot, what command do you use for
> dracut?  Maybe I'm doing it a hard way or something and you have a
> easier method.

cd /usr/src/linux
make all modules_install install
dracut --kver=$(cat include/config/kernel.release)

It doesn't get much easier ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.