On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 10:19:05AM +0200, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> Searching the internet for "split audio at silence" and similiar
> gives me this link
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/318164/
>
> which uses a program called "silence" to detect the silence.
>
> Unfortunately I can't figure out, what package contains that program
> or from where I can download that program.

There is no binary in Portage providing the binary "silence":

        $ e-file silence

        *  net-irc/irssi
               Available Versions:      1.0.0 1.0.7 1.2.1 1.2.2
               Homepage:                https://irssi.org/
                                        support
               Matched Files:           /usr/share/irssi/help/silence;

However, there is `mp3splt`,  provided  in  the  package  `media-sound/mp3splt`.
It's described in the question provided as a comment to your  UNIX  S.E.\  link.
[1]

> The input audio is a flac file  and I don't want to convert this into
> any lossy audio format to preserve as much as possible of the signal.

mp3splt primarily works with mp3s, but can also support  ogg,  which  can  be  a
container format for flac.  I've never used it myself, but it  looks  promising,
providing you are OK with placing your flacs inside an ogg.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://askubuntu.com/questions/27574

--

Ashley Dixon