Hi,

Trying to express what I am searching for:

I have some samples of instruments play one or only a few tones.
For each there is one sample per tone.

I am looking for a software, with which I can play these samples
controlled by a midi keyboard. The samples should be played
in a way, that dynamic of the key and pitch are respected (therefore the
sample need to be modified on-the-fly).

Unfortunately I am neither a musician nor a native language speaker...

The only one I found in portage is 'linuxsampler', which fails to
compile with a lot of "deprecated" messages.

Is there any other software, which may be appropiate for this purpose
in portage?

Cheers!
Meino