Mal Herring wrote:
Hi Gentoo User,
Recently brought Backup Exec 10d but before doing so spoke with a sales
person who confirmed with Veritas that the Linux/Unix agent would
work...

After finding that it doesn't and checking the Veritas site
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm it would seem that it
supports a lot of other Linux OS's so I am sure I could fudge it to work
on Gentoo...

So it seems to need RPM support so I emerged RPM, it then fails on some
needed - see below:

Installing Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Linux and Unix Servers
4.0 on muttley:

I'd install lib-compat and see how much of your list that gets you. Most binary packages require lib-compat on just about any Linux distro.

Assuming you can get all the libs you need I'd force the install rather than try to inject everything you need into your rpm db.

kashani