On Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:37:39 AM CEST J. Roeleveld wrote:

> > > Never mind this, was added recently.
> > >
> > > Which USE-flags did you use and is there a simple howto somewhere?
> >
> > The homepage has clear instructions for setting it up. For doing the
> > background replacement in OBS, I googled and found some Youtube videos.
>
> Great, watching youtube for the guide...
> Will start googling, did you bookmark them?
>
> > Am I getting old or do others also wish they could just get a text howto
> > instead of watching a video every time they want to do something new?
>
> I prefer text-howto's over videos. Makes it easier to go through it at my
> own pace and rewinding/pausing text is soo much simpler than on youtube
> where it keeps adding adverts in the middle of an explanation.
>
> --
> Joost

Managed to get the video working through OBS. I did notice that if the
resolution is too large, I get a black screen.

The largest I managed to get working is 640x360.

Bill, you might be able to get video by sending it through OBS as well?

I unmasked "media-video/obs-studio" and "media-video/obs-v4l2sink"
(Latest version, except for 9999)

Don't forget to apply the patch Neil mentioned in his email.

I added the "v4l" USE-flag to "media-video/obs-studio"

When all is installed, load the v4l2loopback driver with:

# modprobe v4l2loopback exclusive_caps=1 video_nr=5 card_label="loopback"

Then start OBS:
# obs

In settings, set "output (scaled) resolution" to 640x360 (You can find this
under "VIDEO")

Add your real webcam as video-source (set resolution to 640x360 if at all
possible, OBS will scale on the fly if necessary.

Start the V4L2 sink by:
Tools -> V4L2 Video Ouput

Set " /dev/video5 " as device and format " YUV420 "

Then start "teams" and select "loopback" as the video-device.

For me, this worked.

Now only to find out how to add a different background and do other silly
things.

--
Joost