-----Original Message-----
From: Qian Qiao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:07 PM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] failed to load nvidia kernel module

On 10/27/05, Bob Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

Now that you mention it, I did have problems with a ~amd64 version of
nvidia-kernel, couldn't remember the version number tho, :(

And after that, I reverted to the stable version of nvidia-kernel, and
had no problem afterwards.

Strange...

I think it's also kernel version related, as I had no problems using the stable
version of the nvidia kernel with the 2.6.12 gentoo kernel, but then I did a
completely fresh install and got a 2.6.13 kernel which exibited the described
problem with the stable version of nvidia.

Regards,
Bob Young