I've been using "getmail" for years to pull down email from multiple
popmail accounts and pass the emails to procmail for processing.  It's
being masked because of hard-coded python 2.7 dependancy.  "fetchmail"
looks promising.  The stable version net-mail/fetchmail-6.4.1 also
requires python 2.7 *IF THE "tk" FLAG IS SET*.

PYTHON_COMPAT=( python2_7 )
PYTHON_REQ_USE="tk"

  Version 6.4.6 says...

PYTHON_COMPAT=( python3_{6,7,8} )
PYTHON_REQ_USE="tk"

...and agin it seems to only be required if built with "tk" flag.  Once
fetchmail version 6.4.6 is marked stable, python should not be a problem,
and I don't expect to build with the "tk" flag anyways.

  Would "fetchmail" work as a drop-in replacement for getmail here?  Are
there any better, simpler solutions?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>